cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you date and time stamp pictures and videos using a EOS Rebel T3?

jettaylor
Apprentice

I am needing to utilize date and time stamping on videos and photos in my work.  The pictures and videos must display time, a date, and reference number.  I have gone through the cd, owner's manuel and software manuel and I am unclear if I can perform this function. 

15 REPLIES 15

hsbn
Whiz
There is not time stamp function on any of Canon DSLR that I'm aware of. You have to do this post processing using Image Editing software.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

How do you date and time stamp pictures and videos using a EOS Rebel T5i

Did you not read all the amswers to this thread?  You can't do it.  Smiley Frustrated

You can get aftermarket editors that can.  "Try Gena Photo Stamper.  It is free."  Somebody said PictBridge can.  But the camera will not do it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Just for info, Canon's Powershot models like the G15 can do this.

EB

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

While this is a relatively common feature on point & shoot cameras -- where the photo is thought of as a snapshot to document a memory in a person's life, among DSLR cameras it's not very common (I don't actually know of a DSLR that does this though I don't doubt that it may exist).  DSLR users are usually expecting a higher quality image -- so now the image is thought of more like art and less like a snapshot and the date/time in the corner distracts from the image.  Also they tend to be more advanced users who would be able to modify the image themselves so they have little need for such a feature.

The camera does record the date & time... but it's in the EXIF data (information recorded into the image file but not displayed).  

SO... there are programs that will just do this.  You'll need to do a search (I found several but have never tried one so I can't vouch for them).  I think there are Photoshop plug-ins that do this (assuming you have Photoshop). These programs allow you to define the info you want printed (including EXIF data such as date/time) and you get to pick the location, font, size, color, etc. and ultimately the location on the image where you'd like the info displayed.  They then add the info visibly onto the image for you and most support "batch" use (e.g. drop a whole folder of images on it and they'll do them all.)

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Try Gena Photo Stamper.  It is free.

EB

If you connect your camera to a "PictBridge" compatible printer you can do direct printing and add the date.  I have never used it and I don't think it will add the time. (just the date)

_T3.jpg_T3a.jpg

Mike Sowsun

That's a  bummer just bought a t5 yesterday, thinking about returning it after reading this.

My friend told me it's a good cam i should keep it. Now my question is will

canon be providing a firware upgrade to add this feature for those who want it

Announcements