cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I recover the canon 6D wifi password from the camera I need to connect to a different iphone

rx7race
Contributor

How do I recover the canon 6D wifi password from the camera?  I need to connect to a different iphone/iPad.

12 REPLIES 12

cale_kat
Mentor

If you go to where the password is set, is there an option to "show password"? Some menus contain a box that lets you decide whether the password is shown or not.

Sorry if this isn't much help.

No, sorry I have no option for show password...

Thank you

Do you have the other device? The iphone? Does it let you see the password?

No it does not

Skirball
Authority

Under the WiFi Function menu scroll to the Phone Icon, then Change Settings, go through that set of menus and there should be an encryption key option.

I have the encryption code

Then what are you looking for?  That is the password.

I will check it out and let you know.

I believe I tried that when I was trying everything a week or 2 ago.

Thanks

Canon can shove their head up their backside. Once again, the most simple things are completely complicated. The help you get is completely wrong. They give completely wrong instructions in their manuals too. Try to find YOUR password on YOUR camera is next to impossable?. I hear Canon may call it the encryption  code. Even if you could get to that screen they then call password encription. Canonn is totally F $%ked and I would like to take the 10s of thousands of dollars in equipment I bought from them up their A$$.Go to he!! Canon!!!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements