cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help or suggestion's about using the EF 70-200 on my R6

miketerndrup
Enthusiast

So I took these with my EF 70-220 on my R6 I been thinking of getting a wide angle lens but I am wondering if these was better STvsPUR (48 of 51).jpg

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Great shot!  

I am not a big fan of shooting portrait types of shots with less than 50mm.  Wide angle lenses tend to distort the edges a little, as well as push your subjects into the distance.

This shot looks great.  Cannot see much of the background, but I am confident it is blurred out.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

I agree with Waddizzle's comments - this is working OK for you, don't buy unless you really need it and this does a good job

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi miketerndrup,

As Waddizzle and Tronhard this is a great shot! In a case like this it looks like your current lens is doing what you need it to and we would recommend continuing to use it. A wide angle lens could be helpful for getting more of the ballpark in the frame, but as the other replies mentioned the more wide the lens angle the more lens distortion you will start to see. If you used a wider angle lens the subjects in your photos would be smaller in the frame as well, so in cases like this it can be better to use a telephoto lens because your subjects will take up more of the frame.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements