cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good price for Canon T7I?

illininutt
Enthusiast

Would love to buy one but the $750-$800 price is way too much for me.  Maybe a "refurb" from Canon will appear again.  Keep checking from time to time but Canon is still out of stock for refurb's.  Don't like "used."  How about a "800D" from overseas?  Already 3 lenses for it....could be just the body too.

7 REPLIES 7

Waddizzle
Legend

@illininutt wrote:

Would love to buy one but the $750-$800 price is way too much for me.  Maybe a "refurb" from Canon will appear again.  Keep checking from time to time but Canon is still out of stock for refurb's.  Don't like "used."  How about a "800D" from overseas?  Already 3 lenses for it....could be just the body too.


Just keep checking the Canon Refurbished Store.  They had a deep discounts on almost everything over the December Holiday season.  No doubt, they could be out to stock on stuff, or more likely building up an inventory for the next big sale.

When is the next big sale?  Who knows?  I don’t.  But, I am certain that there will another big round of discounts come graduation season in June.  Could they have the camer “in stock” before June?  Yeah, I would expect them to.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend

"How about a "800D" from overseas?"

 

No, don't do it.  That will be a grey market camera.  It will not be warranted by Canon USA. They can even refuse to repair it at all.  It may not have an English manual either.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!


@ebiggs1 wrote:

"How about a "800D" from overseas?"

 

No, don't do it.  That will be a grey market camera.  It will not be warranted by Canon USA. They can even refuse to repair it at all.  It may not have an English manual either.


I agree with Ernie about the warranty, etc. But the lack of an English manual shouldn't be a show-stopper. You can always download that from the Canon site.

 

But the T7i is WiFi equipped, isn't it? You have to be careful about that, because some countries have different rules about WiFi usage, to which cameras sold there must conform, making the feature potentially useless in the U.S. Japan, for example, has (or had the last time I looked) a radically different assignment of channels from that in the U.S.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

lly3988
Rising Star

There are Canon cameras with limited language selection in the camera menu.

 

I purchased a Canon Kiss X5 (600D/T3i) in Tokyo years ago and it has only Japanese and English menu. The model is for Japan domestic use. Some gray market cameras are same in this specification.

 

 


lly3988 wrote:

There are Canon cameras with limited language selection in the camera menu.

 

I purchased a Canon Kiss X5 (600D/T3i) in Tokyo years ago and it has only Japanese and English menu. The model is for Japan domestic use. Some gray market cameras are same in this specification.


Out of curiosity only ...

Would installing the most recent U.S. firmware update "correct" that?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

If version numbers mean anything I seriously doubt it.  I have never even heard of a firmware version for Tokoyo and another one for the US.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!


@RobertTheFat wrote:

Out of curiosity only ...

Would installing the most recent U.S. firmware update "correct" that?


Simply put, no. Our models are broken up by region for specific reasons, most of which are way above my paygrade. Canon Japan has a firmware page, and you'll notice that none of the KISS models are listed. Take a peek HERE

 

Your camera knows which model it is, and it will always be that model. 

 

Also, buying grey market is never a good idea. We've had some very bad experiences with them. Non-Canon batteries can be sold with the "kits," causing all sorts of problems. We understand needing to save money, but if a price is "too good to be true," it's just that. Save up your money and get the camera you want by supported channels. You'll be glad you did in the long run! 

Announcements