cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting pictures from EOS 6D camera to Canon iMage Gateway - need laptop/computer or not?

RossK
Enthusiast
This might be a silly question but I'm a technophobe.  
When I enabled wi-fi on my camera and then chose the globe-style thing for services to upload to, I managed to get the red square saying Canon iMage Gateway to come up on the camra and I was able to upload my photos on to Canon iMage Gateway.   However I chose the photos on the camera and then connected to the iMage Gateway service on the camera, but I had to log into Canon iMage Gateay on my laptop, and upload my photos on to Canon iMage Gateway through the laptop, (by connecting the camera wirelessly to the laptop).

Is there a way of getting the photos direct from the camera to Canon iMage Gateway if I don't have my laptop with me.
For example, if I am in a cafe with wi-fi and I connect my camera to the cafe's wifi service and go on to the Canon iMage Gateway red box on my camera, can I send some photos from the camera to go straight on to the library  for my Canon iMage Gateway site?
 Or is this only possible through a computer or laptop of some kind?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

hsbn
Whiz

Yes, you can send image (JPG only, if you shoot RAW then you can convert your RAW into JPG in camera) directly without the need for computer.

First you need to connect your 6D to the computer via USB cable (disable Wifi, if wifi is enable, USB port will not work).

Turn on EOS Utility software.

Configure camera settings to eenable access to web service.

Disconnect the cable, enable wifi

Now you can send photo directly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Thanks HSBN.    I've got it working.   Although it was a struggle changing the settings through EOS to include web services, because I kept getting a message that Canon iMage Gateway wasn't available in my country (UK).  But Canon's helpline sent me software to reload EOS Utility and then it worked

I presume on the 6D there's no way of just quckly using the wifi just to quickly email one or two photos you've just taken to someone straight from the camera to them?

I guess you first have to either get them on to some storage service like Canon Image Gateway or Flickr - or perhaps your own Image Browser or Digital Photo Professional - then sign in to that and email it.   In which case I suppose you might as well download the images on to your computer, login in to your email account, and attach them and send them.

Announcements