cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting black line on photos of a EOS R7. Lines show up with and without Amazon Light

jesthepirate
Enthusiast

I have a EOS R7 and was gifted this light. I tried it out tonight on my sister and her baby but these lines showed up. So I tried taking some without the light on and the lines still showed up but worse (2nd photo). There are lines on the actual light like a stack of bulbs.

Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 6.18.13 PM.png065A4872.jpg065A5111.jpgAny ideas?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Yes, it's different than shutter speed.  It's a different type of shutter mode.  Many mirrorless cameras these days offer the ability to use an electronic shutter or a mechanical shutter.  This issue is one of the cons of using an electronic shutter.  Though there are benefits for certain situations.

See the section on Shutter Mode starting on page 287 in the User Manual.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

I'd probably recommend the Canon 430EX III-RT.   Are you planning to just have it atop your camera? I ask since if you also plan to use it off of the camera, there are known issues with Canon's radio-controlled equipment these days.

I recently sold all my 600 EX-RT units as my primary use case was off camera with radio control.  And the random connectivity issues became a deal killer.

The 430EX III-RT would do a decent job at adding fill light.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Thank you!

Announcements