cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freezing issues on the eos R6

Jorma0711
Contributor

I have been reading that some team members have freezing issues with the canon eos R 6 , so that means is better for me won’t get it . Can somebody tell me what the R 6 has this thing , please ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

From what I have read, there are a few common denominators among users experiencing this type of problem.  Every user’s scenario is different.  Most fall into one of these scenarios. 

Number one on the list of problems is leaving the GPS active while the camera is turned off.  The GPS can be always ON, always OFF, or somewhere in between.  It should turn off when the camera turns off, which is the mode where users are experiencing lock up issues.

Bad memory cards seems to be another common symptom.  People are buying the largest memory cards they can find on Amazon, or not formatting their cards prior to first use.

Using third party RF-EF mount adapters is another common source of problems.  These are often accompanied by dead or drained batteries when the camera is turned OFF.

Of course, there is always the bad camera out of the box.  Personally, I think the issues have been blown way out of proportion by a very small percentage of users.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

From what I have read, there are a few common denominators among users experiencing this type of problem.  Every user’s scenario is different.  Most fall into one of these scenarios. 

Number one on the list of problems is leaving the GPS active while the camera is turned off.  The GPS can be always ON, always OFF, or somewhere in between.  It should turn off when the camera turns off, which is the mode where users are experiencing lock up issues.

Bad memory cards seems to be another common symptom.  People are buying the largest memory cards they can find on Amazon, or not formatting their cards prior to first use.

Using third party RF-EF mount adapters is another common source of problems.  These are often accompanied by dead or drained batteries when the camera is turned OFF.

Of course, there is always the bad camera out of the box.  Personally, I think the issues have been blown way out of proportion by a very small percentage of users.

honesty  i didn’t expect such an excellent answer , that help me a lot and clear my doubts, thank you very much .

Edor
Apprentice

Hello! I have same or a lot of problems with my EOS r6, different errors, freeze, heat up on 4k rec, and u cant work any more... etc, and i am using Rf lenses of canon, canon converter, and canon batteries, im afraid to work with my r6, i am very disappointed. 

@Edor wrote:

Hello! I have same or a lot of problems with my EOS r6, different errors, freeze, heat up on 4k rec, and u cant work any more... etc, and i am using Rf lenses of canon, canon converter, and canon batteries, im afraid to work with my r6, i am very disappointed. 

This is an old thread.  Please start a new thread for your issues.  It helps to start new thread so that people can find your initial post describing your problems.  It’ll be the first one.

Ron

Hello Edor,

You described a number of different issues with your R6. So the community can better help you, can you provide details and specifics on the issues? What are the conditions where the camera locks up? Is the issue mainly over-heating? What are the error codes / messages you see on the camera when this happens?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements