cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot the password connected to my Cannon 6D

sammygiang
Apprentice

Please help, I changed my iphone 5s and forgot the password connected to my Cannon 6D, possible to reset, I can't find any instruction from Manual. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you followed the steps above, it gives you the password during the camera Wi-Fi creation process. You'll need to remember that number to use whenever you try to connect to the camera. 

if you forget the password, start over and do the steps again. 

I haven't used the new version of the app in a while. But this end of this Canon software is obviously still the same. 👍🏼

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

NickiB
Apprentice

I've lost the password connected to my EOS  camera and can't connect to smartphone either.  Have got as far as Review/Change Settings but no option to reset password in there.  I have no idea why it has suddenly requested a password for the first time at this point.

dgtlfnk
Contributor
FOUND IT!!

Select Wi-Fi function > And then on the ‘Connection’ screen, select Exit. Don’t just *exit* the screen by hitting menu. Actually select Exit on the touchscreen or highlight Exit with the directional buttons and press the *enter* button.

On ‘Exit wireless LAN function’ screen, select Ok.

Now press the ‘Info’ button to enter General settings. (Or make selection on screen.)

Now you can choose ‘Clear Wi-Fi settings’ , select Ok. Once you do that you can then create a new “camera Wi-Fi”, in which you can then be given the password during the creation process.

Whew! That was driving me nuts!

Let me know if that works for anyone else!

Thank you 🙂 It works for me 🙂

@dgtlfnk wrote:
FOUND IT!!

Select Wi-Fi function > And then on the ‘Connection’ screen, select Exit. Don’t just *exit* the screen by hitting menu. Actually select Exit on the touchscreen or highlight Exit with the directional buttons and press the *enter* button.

On ‘Exit wireless LAN function’ screen, select Ok.

Now press the ‘Info’ button to enter General settings. (Or make selection on screen.)

Now you can choose ‘Clear Wi-Fi settings’ , select Ok. Once you do that you can then create a new “camera Wi-Fi”, in which you can then be given the password during the creation process.

Whew! That was driving me nuts!

Let me know if that works for anyone else!

Thanks!  That worked for me as well.  This should NOT have to be this painful!!!

Thank you!!! You saved my mind today!

@ninakarlsson wrote:

Thank you!!! You saved my mind today!

Glad to see this still being helpful! Robot wink

OMG THANK YOU!

I can FEEL that response, emanphoto. It's exactly how I felt when I figured it out finally. Lol! Glad you have it working again. ✌🏼😎

thanks SO much but mine asking for a password, is that the encryption number?

If you followed the steps above, it gives you the password during the camera Wi-Fi creation process. You'll need to remember that number to use whenever you try to connect to the camera. 

if you forget the password, start over and do the steps again. 

I haven't used the new version of the app in a while. But this end of this Canon software is obviously still the same. 👍🏼

Announcements