cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Firmware Updates for EOS M50 Mark II?

dougcalton
Apprentice

Looking at the Canon support site, I don't find any firmware updates available for the M50 Mark II.  The camera shows version 1.0.0.   Since the camera has been out for several months now,  I am a bit surprized that there are no updates yet.   Is that correct, or is there something wrong with how I'm using the site?

5 REPLIES 5

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

I'm seeing 1.1.0 as being the latest version.  Go HERE.

If that link doesn't auto-open the Firmware section, scroll down to the Drivers & Downloads section, then select the Firmware category.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

dougcalton
Apprentice
Thanks - the link works, but it is for the M50, not the M50 Mark II.

Sorry about that, I though for sure I had followed the Mark II links.

For the Mark II then, there are none.  Note that there won't be a schedule for firmware updates for any electronics.  Some models go without having any.  Some updates could be years apart, etc.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

mwarner
Apprentice

I'm adding this in hopes of helping others looking for the latest firmware while working on the Mac. You won't find the firmware under the OS Ventura option (13). You must chose OS 12 and then you will see the firmware download. Not sure if this applies to higher OS versions as well, but wanted to pass this along if you are going crazy trying to find the download while telling the site you are using Ventura.

Peter
Authority
Authority
  • M50 1.1.0
  • M50 II 1.0.3.
Announcements