cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 30 questions.....please help fast

Mcaro12803
Contributor
So i went into a pawn shop and found a t1i pretty good price,without a charger,battery was low but was functional,battery light was blinking but when i took it home,i put it on video mode and gives me error30 and to turn off then on again,can the battery being low be the issue,i brought the camera back thinking it was a bad shutter but realized it could of been the battery....any info please
4 REPLIES 4

HDCamTeam
Enthusiast
Hi,

Error30 use to be related to problems in the shutter system (not good sign..)

Just in case, did you test it without Lens (with lens Cap on) and without memory Card? And of course with another battery?

BTW, there are some programs (Mac & Pc) to know the amount of shots.

Regards
HD Cam Team
Group of photographers and filmmakers using Canon cameras for serious purposes.
www.hdcamteam.com | www.twitter.com/HDCamTeam | www.facebook.com/HDCamTeam

Didnt have a lens cap,or an extra battery,i got the camera with lens and bag...so im thinking about going back and offer a lower price and bring it to a camera repair shop and if its only because the battery is almost dead,then i got a t1i for really low price,if its the shutter,then ill bring it back again....hope its only the battery.when your battery light is blinking,does it allow you to shoot videos or does it give you an error code too....?

@Mcaro12803 wrote:
Didnt have a lens cap,or an extra battery,i got the camera with lens and bag...so im thinking about going back and offer a lower price and bring it to a camera repair shop and if its only because the battery is almost dead,then i got a t1i for really low price,if its the shutter,then ill bring it back again....hope its only the battery.when your battery light is blinking,does it allow you to shoot videos or does it give you an error code too....?

Hi, we don't have that specific model, but in all cameras we use, if the battery is low (and blinking) and the camera turns on, you can shoot video and take pictures, no error code due to low battery low.

I suggest to try unmounting the lens, just in case, and try to shoot video. It will expose the sensor to ambient, so don't do it outdoors or in a dusty room. If you do it just for a moment, nothing bad could happen and you'll know if the lens has anything to do (I don't think it does, but doing so you can isolate the problem).

Some cameras display a message when they don't detect a lens and you turn Live View ON, but you can bypass it pressin "Ok".

Hope this helps. Let us know what happened after you find a solution. (unfortunately I think the problem is hardware related, but I may be wrong).

Regards.

HD Cam Team
Group of photographers and filmmakers using Canon cameras for serious purposes.
www.hdcamteam.com | www.twitter.com/HDCamTeam | www.facebook.com/HDCamTeam

I apprecIate all the help,i bought it and took it to best buy,they looked it over and said the shutter has a big fingerprint on it...so i took it back to the pawn shop
Announcements