cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Err 20 was occurred for my canon R5

Kavindu123
Apprentice

Hello, I occurred Err 20 message when I was trying to shutter. This message was occurred about within the 30 s of shuttering. Can anyone give me better solutions to recover this problem? My camera was well maintained and it is about 1 year old. This is a kind request . Please help me to get recover from this issue within my canon R5 camera

5 REPLIES 5

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi and welcome to the forum:
Sorry to learn  you are having an issue.  Canon Error 20 indicates a malfunction with the mechanical mechanism in the camera.  It could be the lens or the shutter.   So, let's try to isolate the issue...

Has anything changed recently that immediately preceded this issue?
Specifically, what lens or lenses are you using?
Do you have access to more than one lens: if so, does the error occur with both?
If it is not a Canon RF lens, what brand adapter are you using with the lens?

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thank you for your kind rply.  I used sigma 85 and sigma 50 lenses. I got this error 20 for both lenses when i tried to shutter. And also  I tried to shutter without any lenses and then also this error was occurred . Please help me

Not having a lens attached may not generate the error message because there is no lens.  So, can you confirm what brand adapter for EF-RF mount you are using please?

Canon Error 20 indicates a malfunction with the mechanical mechanism in the camera.

Here are some steps to resolve it:
Restart the camera.
Check if the lens is attached correctly.
Perform a factory reset.
Update the firmware.
If the error persists, seek service and repair from a Canon Factory Service Center

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Kavindu123
Apprentice

I am using Canon adapter for EF- RF

Thanks for that - using 3rd party adapters are a known issue to cause error codes.

So, I would suggest calling 1-800-OK-Canon and have a chat with a friendly Canon Tech person.

cheers, TREVOR

Announcements