cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Err 20 on Canon T5i Important Shoot Coming Up Please Help!!!!

Skinnerwendell1
Apprentice

I have an important shoot coming up, and my canon camera has an Err 20 that keeps popping up, pls help ASAP.!

9 REPLIES 9

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@Skinnerwendell1 wrote:

I have an important shoot coming up, and my canon camera has an Err 20 that keeps popping up, pls help ASAP.!

At any important photo shoot you should have a back up camera.

I'm 17 I was lucky to get this camera

@Skinnerwendell1 wrote:

I'm 17 I was lucky to get this camera

Contact Canon U.S. Support will be best.  Here is a link that explains error codes.

http://www.learn.usa.canon.com/resources/articles/2012/eos_error_msgs.shtml

Your "Err 20" suggests a mechanical failure.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

You can try to remove the lens and see if there is anything obvious - try a mirror lock-up for cleaning, too. Only do something if there is something really obvious.

@kvbarkley wrote:

You can try to remove the lens and see if there is anything obvious - try a mirror lock-up for cleaning, too. Only do something if there is something really obvious.

Warning never actaully touch the mirror. It is very fragile and easy to scratch.

Danny

Hi, Skinnerwendell1!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by ready to help 24/7 via email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 8 AM and midnight ET (5 AM to 9 PM PT) and Saturdays from 10 AM to 8 PM (7 AM to 5 PM PT). We also encourage you to check out our Knowledge Base at that same link for answers to common questions.

Thanks and have a great day!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I recognize "important" means different things to different people, but a rental might be a wise idea.

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"...my canon camera has an Err 20 that keeps popping up.."

If it is truly an important event and you have err 20, you need to use a different camera.  Do not trust this one.  Err 20 usually means a trip to Canon service.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"...my canon camera has an Err 20 that keeps popping up.."

If it is truly an important event and you have err 20, you need to use a different camera.  Do not trust this one.  Err 20 usually means a trip to Canon service.

Trying to photograph an event with only one camera is a rookie mistake in any case. If it's outdoors or in a big room, you're sure to need both a normal lens and a telephoto, and you almost certainly won't have time to change lenses on the fly.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements