Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eos R won't connect to cannon connect

burrritojones
Contributor

HI all! I have an EOS R. 

I have been trying to connect my camera to to the cannon connect app

it either freezes when i hit andriod or do not display

or it gives me a searching for access points message. 

I was on the phone with cannon for an hour. i updated from 1.4 to 1.8 firmware

reset all my settings both factory and wifi. has anyone else had this issue?

i reaaaally cant afford to send this camera in for a repair and im just hoping its something minor

8 REPLIES 8

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I think its early to conclude that your camera is defective.  A review of available FW shows that version 1.6.0 included a reliability update for Wi-Fi connectivity. 1.7.0 and 1.8.0 added support for various lenses, enhanced playback function with the touch bar and support for the LP-E6NH battery.  I think going to 1.8.0 was a good call.

What phone (brand / model) are you using Cannon Connect on?  What version of Android is it running?

Can you test connection with another device?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi! I've been trying to connect on my samsung ultra 22. Prior to this I tried connecting on an iPhone 11. 

I can try another device to see if this works for sure 

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

It sounds like you are trying to establish a Wi-Fi connection.  Have you tried to first establish a connection using Bluetooth?  Once a connection is made using Bluetooth, then the logistics of establishing a Wi-Fi connection becomes automated.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hey! While on the phone with canon we tried both and no success. 

It freezed as soon as I hit the screen where it asks what device you'd like to connect to via icon. After the reset it took us to the screen where it said searching for access points 

@burrritojones wrote:

Hey! While on the phone with canon we tried both and no success. 

It freezed as soon as I hit the screen where it asks what device you'd like to connect to via icon. After the reset it took us to the screen where it said searching for access points 

I do not understand the second part of what you wrote.  Which “it” are you talking about?  The phone or the camera.  Please, try to refrain from the use of the word “it”.

I understand that you wish to establish a Wi-Fi connection.   Sometimes you have to learn how to walk before you can learn how to run. 

My question was can you establish a Bluetooth connection between the camera and the phone.  Make sure the camera has Bluetooth enabled.

Can the camera or the phone establish a Bluetooth connection with another device besides one another?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Unfortunately , the camera cannot establish a bluetooth connection with another device either 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

While troubleshooting, I'd also suggest that you not use a "nickname" for the camera.  Use the default name it selects after a reset.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ill try that now, thank you !

Announcements