cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility - Live (Remote) Shooting (Lost connection - T3i AC Adapter) Help Please

wrice4
Contributor

Everytime I use live shooting, with a battery, it works great. As soon as I plug in an AC Adapter, on my T3i, and use remote shooting, via the eos utility, it shuts down within 10 seconds saying connection lost. There is obviously power to the camera and I can still use the camera as normal, but it will not allow me to use eos utility, or live shooting. I have tried 3 different brands of AC Adapters, but not the canon one. Like I said, it works perfectly fine on battery power. Help?

13 REPLIES 13

I don't know what to say, but I have tried the canon ac adapter as well. Seems like the engineers at canon have no idea what to do either.

@wrice4 wrote:

I don't know what to say, but I have tried the canon ac adapter as well. Seems like the engineers at canon have no idea what to do either.

Does the problem occur with different AC sources in ggeographically distinct areas? Ten seconds may be about how long it takes the adapter to realize that the AC source's maximum voltage is too high or too low or that there is a marginal ground fault.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

wrice4
Contributor
I have tried different outlets on different circuit breakers. I ordered some ferrite rings , that should be in tomorrow, that I am gonna try. I'm also going to buy another mini USB cable tomorrow and hook it directly into my pc, instead of using a USB extension cable. I'll keep you updated. Thanks for trying to help me.

Hi, there. Has this issue been resolved yet? I am having a the same issue.

Announcements