cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS RebelT7: black dust particles after cleaning

pauolive
Contributor

I cleaned  my T7 rebel first with lightweight  dust blower, and then with the cleaning kit, I still see black like dust particles in sensor. 

If someone could suggest any other step worth of trying before I send in the camera to Canon service... 

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Was the dust blower dust free or just old? What was in the cleaning kit?

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

Thanks for your reply. The blower is around 1 year old and kit has APS-C sensor swab and cleaning solution.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Is this the first time that you used this blower?  

Where did you buy it?  Was it part of a camera packag?

Many budget priced blowers do have particulate matter inside of them.  It is always a good idea to give a new blower several test blows to ensure that no manufacturing residue is inside of it, no matter who makes it.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks for your reply.

No, I have this blower for an year. And it was not part of the camera, bought separately online.

TomRamsey
Enthusiast

When you do use a blower, make sure you are blowing up into the camera so the debris falls out.  You may need to clean it again, sometimes dust can stick due to humidity and the blower doesn’t remove them, and cleaning may miss it the first time too.  What type of cleaning kit did you use?

Thanks for your help. I cleaned 3 times waiting sometime in between and it didn't help.

The cleaning kit has sensor cleaning liquid, plus the cleaning swab_ APS-C sensor

Announcements