cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel t7i Warning Icon

JoeMcDonald
Apprentice

I am getting a warning icon in my viewfinder (an exclamation point). It only comes on in modes of P, Tv, Av and M.

What does this mean and how to fix/correct?

10 REPLIES 10

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

There are a couple of possibilities, but first have a look in your instruction manual (NOT the Basic one!), on P395 - there is a list of events that will cause the display of the exclamation mark.
eos-rebelt7i-800d-im-en.pdf (c-wss.com)

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Just noticed the question asked of me last year on this.

Yes, Trevor, I did look at the instruction manual and did a ton of research. For some reason, I was unable to find an answer, so I defaulted to what I had hoped would be a knowledgeable and helpful community.

Just and FYI, your question was, in my humble opinion, a bit snarky and offensive. But I do thank you for your help.

Joe:

This is a forum of helpful people, and I will bend over backwards to assist people to resolve issues they cannot resolve for themselves.  However, at no point did you state that you had looked in the manual until now, and considering:
1. The large number of people who don't make any effort and just ask us to look for them
2. The fact that I found the answer in the manual in short order,
the question was valid.

If you feel aggrieved I an sorry, but my comment was not 'snarky', I am not a mind reader to know what you had or had not done, but in light of the above my question was valid.  Had you said you had looked I would not have asked.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

@JoeMcDonald,

shadowsports_0-1694403061195.png

Trevor is one of this forum's most esteem, kind, thoughtful, and helpful members.  We are all lucky for his participation and knowledge which he shares freely with all whom he deals with.  Professionalism and decorum is not something he lacks in.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Wow... thank you Rick, I am humbled. 😔

cheers, TREVOR

@JoeMcDonald wrote:

Just noticed the question asked of me last year on this.

Yes, Trevor, I did look at the instruction manual and did a ton of research. For some reason, I was unable to find an answer, so I defaulted to what I had hoped would be a knowledgeable and helpful community.

Just and FYI, your question was, in my humble opinion, a bit snarky and offensive. But I do thank you for your help.

You were provided with a link to the manual and a page number to look at.  There are about a half dozen different reasons for the icon to light up.  All of them have to do with changes to the camera settings that you may have made.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

The “!” warning only appears if it is enabled by a Custom Function. 
The warning can be for set for Monochrome, White Balance, or Noise Reduction. 

A319B1E5-3399-415E-9371-B18A867C6301.jpeg

Mike Sowsun

Hi Mike:
I think we both offered the same solution, I just wanted to point the OP to where they could have found it in the first place.

cheers, TREVOR

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

Yes, it is essentially the same info. I thought I would expand it a bit for people with other cameras, who have no interest in downloading a T7i manual. 

Mike Sowsun
Announcements