cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7 won’t take a picture

Speedy1963
Contributor

I have a EOS Rebel T7 camera. Setting is Auto, AF setting on the side, trying to take a wildlife picture not action. 
when I turn the camera on to take a picture I get a message in the viewfinder “err” or I get communication error on the screen. I have take out battery, cleaned contacts nothing works. Suggestions? Camera is only about 4 months old

10 REPLIES 10

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

What error message are you getting. Does it say lens communication error? If so what lens are you using please provide the FULL NAME of the lens(es) in question.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

I have tried both lenses that came with the camera and same outcome: EFS 18-55mm and EF 75-300mm. 
The have gotten:green ERR seen through viewfinder or I get busy or error prevented shooting turn camera on and off (which does not fix it) or communication error with lens. 

Do you have another lens to try on the camera it doesn't have to be the same focal length. Also what specific error code are you getting there are multiple error codes the camera could throw. We need the full name of the lenses in question. Canon has released multiple EF-S 18-55mm lenses and multiple EF 75-300mm lenses.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

I tried my Sigma lens and same issue. 
Err code 50

Error code 50 means: A malfunction related to the electric control has been detected. Will the camera take a picture without a card in the camera. 

-Demetrius

With card removed same thing happens 

The camera should still be under warranty. The camera needs to be sent to Canon for repairs.

-Demetrius

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Contact Canon Support.  If the camera is only four months old, then it should still be under warranty, both camera and lenses.

BTW, what happens if you turn on the camera without a lens attached?  Do you still see error messages and warnings?

What is the storage capacity of your memory card and what brand is it?  Only use 32GB, or smaller.

Are you using a full size SD memory card, or a micro-SD card that requires the plastic adapter?  Always low level format you memory card using the camera prior to first use.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Memory card is 16gb and it’s full size, 

with lens removed and if I try to take a pic I get “busy”

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements