cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7 SD card issue

DSAXT
Apprentice

Bought this for my wife as a gift. I can not for the life of me figure out why the photos aren't saving to the SD card. I have tried 3 different sizes of SD card and nothing. I format the card in the camera and it does not help. Does anyone have any other ideas as to how to get the photos to save to the SD card and not the camera itself? I am t a loss. 

9 REPLIES 9

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Are these full size SD cards?

Can you review the images "play back" on the LCD?

It should just work. If you bought it new, call Canon and talk to them.

It is a micro with an adapter. The o KT images I can view are the ones stored on the camera itself. Nothing saves to the SD card as it should. 

MicroSD and Canon are bad JuJu. Get a full size card.

pxbradley1
Enthusiast

Make sure the cards aren't locked.

The card is no locked. 

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

"save to the SD card and not the camera itself"

Canon DSLR's have no internal memory. There is no way for the image to be saved to the "camera itself".

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

A lot of people have issues with micro SD cards and adapters in cameras.  The extra mechanical connection causes issues and there is also the issue of quality control.  If you have not done so, I would suggest going to a reputable camera store and getting a full-size SD card and trying that.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

normadel
Authority
Authority

What do you mean "save to the camera itself"? The camera does not have internal memory storage. It ONLY saves to SD cards. 

You have some other problem. Can you review images on the camera? Do you get a message saying there are no images? Does the camera "act like" it is taking a picture?

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I think you may two problems.  

Number one problem is using microSD cards with their adapters. Only use full size cards from a major brand and credible vendor. 

Your second problem is the capacity of the memory cards. With a T7 I would stick with cards 32GB or smaller    

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements