cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7 Not saving to SD card

Mdubea
Apprentice

Hi guys..just bought an eos t7..popped in 1 gig sd card..formatted it with camera..yet pics do not seem to be saving to card. After 80 pics..said full.. It was about older card so I bought a micro with adapter ( understand that is a no no now).. still only 30 or so allowed..is there a setting ( didn't  see one) to save direct to card..or do I need a proper card? Thx 

14 REPLIES 14

normadel
Authority
Authority

1.There is no setting to save direct to card. There's NO OTHER place to save to. The camera does not have internal storage.

2. It is a big mistake to use such a large-capacity memory card. First, the camera may not be able to utilize it. Second, with a huge card you are tempted to leave all your photos on it indefinitely. Then when there's a problem with the card, you can lose EVERYTHING.

3. Better to have multiple smaller cards (full-size SD, not micro SD). Change cards  to spread files over different ones. This keeps you from losing everything with one card failure.

4. DON'T leave your photos on the SD cards,  in or out of the camera. Move files to a computer so you can re-format the card regularly. And backup the files to other media if they are valuable to you.

5. STUDY the camera manual. It tells you a LOT about your camera's operation, including memory card information.

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

A 1 GB card should be fine, since the T7 can take SDXC cards:

Untitled.jpg

But, as you said, you need a full size card, not a micro card with Adapter.

Try again with a full sized card.

Also, 1 GB may be too big, cards can fail and it is wise to share fewer images among more cards, rather than putting all your precious eggs in one basket.

Are we getting GB mixed up with TB?

Despite what the manual might say, the xxxxD Rebel bodies do play well with SDXC cards, 64GB or larger.  Owners need to stick to using SD and SDHC cards, 32GB or smaller.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Yes, I am mixing TB and GB. I am old, 1 GB used to be a lot. The first hard disk I used for AutoCAD had a whopping 10 MB of storage.

We were working Apple 2e machines in the early 1980s with 10MB drives by Corvus Systems.

I have been “fooling computers since 1971.”  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

pxbradley1
Enthusiast

Just to make sure I understand the issue. 1 GB is a very small card. I have a 32 GB card in my T7 with no issues. I have used a 16GB card as well.

normadel
Authority
Authority

Missed that. If Mdubea is using a 1 GIGABYTE card, it WILL fill up in 30 or 80 shots. 

Mdubea
Apprentice

Actually I meant to say 1 meg..not gig..sorry

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

1 Meg won't even get you 1 image on the card!

click here to view the gallery
Announcements