cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T6i screen & images started having partial blackout problems

MartyE
Contributor

My Canon EOS Rebel T6i started having partial blackout problems on preview displays that also block out the same area on all images (about 35-40%). I have removed the battery and tried turning on the camera and pressing the shutter button for 10 seconds. I've also tried clearing all camera settings and functions to default. Please advise. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@MartyE wrote:

Interesting. Looking at the black piece, it appeared to have straight sides making a long rectangle. Thanks for your suggestions, I'll try taking it in somewhere to see what my options are. How do I contact Canon Support?

I could post the link, but this is how to find it yourself.  Click on the word "Canon" in the top left corner.  This will take you to the Canon Community Home Page.  There is a link to "Canon Support and Service" halfway down the page, on the left side.

Click in the link, and a new tab/window will open in Canon Support. Follow the instructions. Type "Rebel T6i" in the box, and when you see a selection for "EOS Rebel T6I" appear, click on it. 

You should now be at the Canon Product Support Page for the Rebel T6i.  There are links to contact Canon Service at the upper right half of the page.  You can contact them via email or phone.  

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/eos-dslr-and-mirrorless-ca... 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

I ended up having the camera repaired.  I found 2 places in California the would repair.  They quoted $130 but the place I ended up shipping it to, charged about $200 as they added a few more things to the repair.  Canon will not repair the T6 models anymore so it has to be a 3rd party repair.

Thanks for the info

I have this exact issue going on.  what was the resolution for you?  did you repair or decide to buy a new body?

This sounds like the kind of thing a local camera shop can do.

I hope you did not scratch the sensor trying to dislodge it.

I would get an estimate and then decide whether to get a new camera.

Announcements