cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T5i ISO not working properly

VirginaTaylors
Apprentice

I have a Rebel 5Ti. Love it and have never had an issue with it until 3 days ago. In manual mode, I use auto ISO. My photos are either black or very overexposed. In full auto mode they are overexposed. When I set ISO in manual the lighting is either very dark or overexposed even when the ISO is set appropriately.

I have cleared settings. Twice: In the hope that would fix the problem. No luck. Any other ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

The overexposure in auto mode is puzzling to me. I'm sure others will chime in here.

Edit: I have a T7 and will see what I can find on my camera.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

VirginaTaylors
Apprentice

Thank you. 

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

It sounds like the lens aperture isn't always stopping down like it should. Causing over or underexposed pictures. Do you have another lens to test on your camera. It doesn't have to be the same exact lens. It can be any Canon brand EF or EF-S lens. As a quick test set the camera to Av Mode and set the aperture to F/16. Then press the depth of field preview button. The lens should stop down and the viewfinder should Significantly darken. If it doesn't there's a problem with the lens. Or if the camera throws an error tell us the exact error code. Or take a picture of the exact error code the camera displays on the rear LCD screen.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

I tried a different lens and the same issue occurs. I will try your other suggestion and report back. Thank you!

Announcements