cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T2i SD Card not saving pictures after I inserted SD card into computer

pleasehelpmefix
Apprentice

Hi my camera is not saving any pictures after I inserted the SD card to my PC. Is there any fix or should i just buy a new SD Card?

11 REPLIES 11

Thanks John.  Yes, we need answers to specific questions to cut down the possibilities...
and basically being ignored!  I seriously doubt that buying a new SD card is the solution, but certainly not the first step to resolve this.

PLEASE OP, please respond to us!

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

pleasehelpmefix,

I would have three questions for you.

1) you wrote, "even still images aren't being shown on my screen." Which screen are you talking about, your computer screen or your camera screen?

2) If you hit your menu button, the first tab is the Record Menu tab. It's colored red. About the 4th Option down is an Option called Image Review. Is that turned off? If it is off, your new photo will not immediately pop up on your screen. You can set that for a 2 second review, or a 4 second review, or whatever. If that Image Review is turned off, you will have to push a certain button your camera to display your pictures.

3) Exactly what steps are you taking to display photos? On my camera, there are two little buttons on the back side of my camera down in the bottom right hand corner. One is to display the pictures, and the other is to delete them. Does your camera have those?

Since this is your first-ever camera, I'd encourage you to download a copy of your manual in pdf format. That way you can search for things using a pdf reader like Adobe Acrobat and use its search function.

A copy of your Owner's Manual can be found here:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/482948/Canon-Eos-Rebel-T2i.html

Steve Thomas

Announcements