cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T1i: Shutter button not working

Danny_D
Contributor

I recently got a rebel T1i from someone off of facebook marketplace it looks good when I looked at it. When I got home I charged the batteries and put one in and it turns on but it doesn’t take pictures when I click the button. I would like to know if I can fix it at home or if I should take it to professional? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

14 REPLIES 14

Do you have a newspaper in town with a staff photographer that you could ask to look at camera?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

We did but they shut down last year. 

"Do you have a newspaper in town with a staff photographer that you could ask to look at camera?"

LOL. 

John_SD
Whiz

You cannot post your way out of this problem. You would have to take it in to a camera repair shop for service. However, inasmuch as this is a T1, I would not waste my money. I would put that cash towards a newer, better camera. Your choice, and good luck. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Danny_D,

Sorry to hear about your experience with this purchase.  FB Marketplace does have a provision for return.  You might want to look into this.  While you can get lucky, I recommend avoiding purchasing camera gear from sellers there.  Used gear > Adorama, B&H or KEH (mentioned previously) are much safer options.  You get gear which has been inspected, certified and that comes with warranty.  You also have a hassle free right to return.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements