cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T100 Live View Button Causes Screen to Go Dark When Streaming

Snc9414
Apprentice

I recently purchased a rebel t100 to use for live streaming. Anytime I plug my usb into my camera it will ask me to hit the live view button to activate movie mode, when I hit the button it does nothing and then will most of time change to a dark screen and the shutter with click. If I unplug the usb the cord the screen comes back on. Can not find anything anywhere on line with this same issue. I’ve tried two different cords so I don’t believe the cord itself is the problem. 

3 REPLIES 3

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum:

While the T100 Canon can be used for live streaming, the type of USB cable is critical and very specific.  As per THESE INSTRUCTIONS you must use the Canon IFC-400PCU cable for this to work.  Do you have and use this specific cable?

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thank you, I’ve come across that recommendation before, do you happen to know the length of that cable, i wasn’t able to see anything that indicated the length which I do need at least 3.5 ft to reach from computer to camera. 

Sorry, I don't.  I suggest doing a search for the cable itself and see if there are any length options.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements