cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T100 Lens Requirements

Taylor123
Apprentice

Hi I’ve been in photography for almost a year and wanting to finally buy and better lens for my canon EOS rebel t100 I bought a lens but I didn’t fit cause I wasn’t sure what size to get what kind of mount does my Camara have?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi Taylor and welcome to the forum:

Your camera will take either EF or EF-S lenses - it will not accept EF-M, RF or RF-S lenses. 
You can tell what kind of lens mount (i.e. type) you are looking at by looking at the front of a lens:
Tronhard_0-1706584036198.png
This and other useful stuff are listed in the manual for you to refer to for these things, so you don't have issues.
If you don't have a copy here is a link to a PDF: eos-rebelt100-3000d-im-en.pdf (c-wss.com)  I recommend you download it and save it to your computer and/or phone or tablet.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi Taylor and welcome to the forum:

Your camera will take either EF or EF-S lenses - it will not accept EF-M, RF or RF-S lenses. 
You can tell what kind of lens mount (i.e. type) you are looking at by looking at the front of a lens:
Tronhard_0-1706584036198.png
This and other useful stuff are listed in the manual for you to refer to for these things, so you don't have issues.
If you don't have a copy here is a link to a PDF: eos-rebelt100-3000d-im-en.pdf (c-wss.com)  I recommend you download it and save it to your computer and/or phone or tablet.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I’ve been in photography for almost a year and wanting to finally buy and better lens"

You did not state what lens you got with your T100. The normal lens, the ef-s 18-55mm zoom is generally what folks get with their T100. If that is the lens you have it may be difficult to get a significantly "better" lens for GP photography. At any rate any truly better lens is going to cost several times what the T100 cost.

Can you list what the current camera/lens combo is not doing that makes you think a better lens will do? 

However, that said, I can recommend my all time favorite step-up lens for Rebel owners is the Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens. Better IQ better and faster constant f2.8 aperture (huge plus). Plus better build quality. They ae around $900 bucks.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
click here to view the gallery
Announcements