cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T100: Can't see through viewfinder

XBXBlaZe
Apprentice

I have a eos rebel t100 and cant see through the viewfinder but I can when my Camera is in active shutter

5 REPLIES 5

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi Blaze and welcome to the forum:
Just to be absolutely sure we are talking of the same thing.  Are you talking about the optical viewfinder at the top of the camera or the LCD screen on the back?  What precisely do you mean by 'Active shutter' mode?

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

The little square above the lcd screen, and what I mean by active shutter is when I took a picture and it's continuing taking the pics

Thank you for your prompt response!
When you are focusing the camera in preparation to take a photos, does the LCD at the back display an image?

Thanks!

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

When I am about to take a shot I can see the image on the big lcd screen but I can't on the viewfinder when I put my rye up on it

OK that makes sense.  You have the Live View feature turned on, which causes the camera to raise the mirror up and block the viewfinder.  You need to turn off Live View and then the mirror will flip down.

See the User Manual: eos-rebelt100-3000d-im1-en.pdf (c-wss.com)
The button that controls this is shown on P27.

Tronhard_0-1722136809388.png

cheers, TREVOR

click here to view the gallery
Announcements