cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS RP -Which Settings Controls to use?

shele
Contributor

I've had my EOS RP for a little while, and I continually get confused about which controls to use for what settings -- can someone explain a general rule of thumb for each -- Qset, Menu, M-Fn. And then in Menu, what's the logic of the controls across the top of the screen? What to use when? 

5 REPLIES 5

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

I would strongly recommend going through the user manual to get familiar with all the controls and what they do.  See this link: User Manual.

Having said that, do you have a more specific question? e.g. are you capturing photos or video?  What scenario are you having trouble with?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

shele
Contributor
I am using only stills. I have read the manual and have used all the controls but when I’m in the moment and want to change a setting I forget which button to push. I’m looking for a quick and easy way to remember each.

@shele wrote:
I am using only stills. I have read the manual and have used all the controls but when I’m in the moment and want to change a setting I forget which button to push. I’m looking for a quick and easy way to remember each.

Maybe laminate a business card size paper with info you want and fasten to the strap loop.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@shele wrote:

There are very many "quick and easy" paths to anything in life.  The best solution to your problem is practice.  Your hands and fingers just might need to learn how to "feel" the buttons.

With that said, what shooting mode are you using, and what setting are you trying to change?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

shele
Contributor
Interesting idea. Thanks
Announcements