cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS RP Colour cast

Van_hobble
Apprentice

Hi all

I have a Canon RP and and experiencing a strange issue.

when I use Automatic (A+) mode all my images come out ‘natural’ colour. As soon as Iswitch to another mode (Av, Tv, M etc) the images take on a blue cast. 

any thoughts/suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum:

When in Av, Tv etc. I suggest checking the Light Balance feature in the P3 of Red menu system - I suspect it is set at Tungsten rather than Automatic. Ref the User Guide, P142.

Since tungsten lighting gives off a warm light, the Tungsten setting will make the light look bluer to make the resultant image seem more neutral, however in normal daylight conditions, it will make everything look bluer than normal.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum:

When in Av, Tv etc. I suggest checking the Light Balance feature in the P3 of Red menu system - I suspect it is set at Tungsten rather than Automatic. Ref the User Guide, P142.

Since tungsten lighting gives off a warm light, the Tungsten setting will make the light look bluer to make the resultant image seem more neutral, however in normal daylight conditions, it will make everything look bluer than normal.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Sorted.

Thank you. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements