cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R7 freezes - shutter button and on/off don't work. I pull the battery to reset.

SimpleS
Apprentice

I am new to this forum, thanks for any help you can give me!

Camera:  Canon EOS R7 Mirrorless

Lens: Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM

Firmware: Ver. 1.1.0

6 REPLIES 6

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What mode are you in? Does this happen in A+ outside on a sunny day?

I am generally a sports and theater photographer. Happens most often in a programmed button TV with 800 shutter speed…so lower light and action.  I am able to take quite a few pictures, and set the camera on my lap. Then when I bring it up to take more pictures is when it freezes. It doesn’t happen all the time, so it’s hard to know exactly why it is happening.

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

"TV with 800 shutter speed"

There goes that idea. I thought it might be taking a dark frame and the camera was only appearing to be stuck.

Are you on the latest firmware?

I’ll look into that.  I’m fairly new to this camera.  Never thought about updating my firmware…I’m on 1.1.0

I haven’t changed how I use my camera, and this is a new problem, so was assuming I wouldn’t need to update the firmware.  Thanks for your help

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Make sure your wireless communication settings are disabled, if you are not actively using them.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

I agree with @widdizzle, I have my cameras set to flight mode to disable all Wi-Fi and Bluetooth settings and for those cameras with GPS that is turned off to.  Those features really challenge the power supply to the camera - just giving you far more battery time alone is worth the effort.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements