cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R7 black screen after firmware update

Nekocubano
Apprentice

I just finished updating my Canon R7 to the new firmware and it updated correctly, after I said Ok, the camera stayed with a black screen, has anyone had a similar problem???

I need some help because i live in Cuba and send it to USA is pretty expensive for me

#

2 REPLIES 2

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings Nekocubano,

The issue you've described is odd where it only displays a black screen on the camera after updating the firmware and confirming the update was complete. Please check to see if you are able to see anything when looking through the viewfinder if the rear LCD screen is dark. It may be to where the display selection option was set to the viewfinder only instead of automatic.

If there is not image on either, then press the MENU button a few times to see if it backs you out to where the camera is ready to take a photo or the camera displays the camera's menu. If this does not work, then the only option is to power off the camera and power it back on. Prior to turning it back on, please remove the memory card from the camera. If the camera powers on, then you may power off the camera, insert the memory card back in.

If the above steps do not resolve the issue, then we would suggest on having the camera sent to a repair facility for repair.

I already did all that, I had no solution, the camera was a gift from a friend who died a few months ago, I have no ownership or guarantee of the equipment, I sent it to another friend in the USA so that I can take it to a Canon workshop but I don't know if they will agree to inspect the camera like this without warranty

Announcements