cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R7 Changing the Size of Icons on the Display Screen

lovetoshoot2023
Contributor

I'm having difficulty viewing the icons on the flip out display clearly without the aid of glasses on my R7.

Is it possible to increase the size of the icons?

So far I haven't been able to find a way to do it.

Thanks,

Denny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi Denny,

Thanks for your feedback.  Thats all the functionality which is offered currently.  The size of the icons on the LCD and EVF cannot be adjusted.  😃

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Give this a try.  Wrench Menu, Tab 4.

Canon : Product Manual : EOS R7 : UI Magnification (start.canon)

I upgraded the FW on my R5 C yesterday.  The Cinema Menus are even smaller than the Photo side.  (Had to grab my glasses too)  👓

Just to give you an idea 

shadowsports_0-1702048618707.png

shadowsports_1-1702048786075.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Wow! That's a nice feature. I'm surprised to "see" (pun intended) that it's even available. And with the touch screen you can easily turn it on and off. Wish I could do that on my TV. 32" screen and 6 or 8 feet away you can barely read some of the displays or menus. 🤓

lovetoshoot2023
Contributor

Rick,

Thanks for your response. I tried the UI Magnification per the link you sent above. This seems to only enlarge the text in the menus as opposed to the size of the icons when you're using the display to compose an image.

Maybe that's as far as the R7 goes in allowing you to customize the display.

Denny

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi Denny,

Thanks for your feedback.  Thats all the functionality which is offered currently.  The size of the icons on the LCD and EVF cannot be adjusted.  😃

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements