cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 Menu and touch screen locked.

juliadd
Apprentice

Hi, 

I was recently on a photography outing in unsavory weather conditions, rain and wind.  I had my camera as best protected as possible. 

After mounting my Canon R6 on tripod I was not able to use the touch screen, menu or review buttons.  The shutter button worked no problem ( I use back button focusing) no issues but when I tried to change focus point on the screen, it would not budge.

I switched camera off, took out battery, card and put back again. all to no avail.  Over night I took off lens, battery, cards etc, still not working.  I have no idea why this has happened, camera is only 2.2 years old with a relatively  low shutter count.

Please help, I would appreciate any advise as to how to fix this problem.

Julia

11 REPLIES 11

If your camera had a lot of corrosion, it could be from being in a very humid place without environmental control, or having the camera in an area near the sea - even using it on a beach with an on-shore wind can pose a threat.
A good thing to do is store your camera gear in a drawer or cupboard with crystals for reducing moisture.  Never take your lens off when its wet, or when you are on a windy beach, and always point the body downwards to avoid moisture, dust and debris from getting into the body.  Preferably change lenses inside a building.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

This makes a lot of sense but I wish I had used my camera in these settings!!!! I used it primarily around my house to take pics of my kids. I will keep these tips in mind for sure. 

Announcements