cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 Mark II taking green photos

Ali_H
Apprentice

R6 Mark II- Weird stuff going on

First off, I am just a sports mom who loves to capture my kids and their teammates.

The first 2 attached photos are examples of what happens towards the later part part of games.  Not always, but always in the most opportune moment!  The first example was taken at night.  Other shots come out fine and then it is as if gremlins take over! The 3rd is just an example of the lighting on the 2nd- it was taken within minutes of the green. 

I am using EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II with R adapter.

Any thoughts to what's going on?

Thank you so much!

1-3I5A7465.jpg2-3I5A7369.jpg3-3I5A7334.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

Is the camera always producing this problem. It could easily be a bad SD Card causing this problem. Check to see if this also happens when the camera is in live view or through the EVF.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

Ali_H,

I cannot say I know what's going on, but just to throw out a couple of ideas:

1) It looks for all the world like you have a neutral density filter on the front of your lens. Do you have an ND filter mounted?

2) Have you tried changing your White Balance when this starts happening?

3) You say this starts happening towards the end of the game. It's possible that this could be a sign of overheating. When this starts happening, does your camera feel warm? Try turning it off and let it cool down for a while, or turn it off in the middle of the game for a while so you are not shooting for hours at a time in one long continuous stretch.

4) if you shoot in RAW, you can go in later and remove the green tint with your editing software.

Those are just a few ideas, but like I said, they're just guesses.

Steve Thomas

Bardinetsimon
Contributor

Hello, how are you? I have a Mark 1DX ii and im having the exact same problem. Have you figured it out?

Thanks

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

I am not an expert in fluorescent lighting, but could it have something to do with the flickering?

Steve Thomas 

No, it crossed my mind too, but I did some tests in several environments and still the same. 

Also change the white balance, and same thing.

Thanks for your reply. I truly appreciate it 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements