cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 Mark II focuses on wrong thing or nothing at all

TylerO
Apprentice

Hello,

I have had my Canon R6 Mark 2 for about 1 year now and i've loved it! The past month and a half though i've had some major focusing issues. In the images I take there seems to be little to no focus in the image. I have tried many of the different autofocus settings on the camera and nothing seems to help. I have also made sure both the camera sensor and lenses are clean. For lowlight I am usually shooting at 1/320 at 2.8 at 3200ISO. These are also the settings used for the image below. In the camera it shows the focus being on the person's eye, but then it shoots down to the guitar or sometimes not at all. Unfortunately this is not just a low light issue, it is the same for regular lighting as well. Any help is appreciated, thanks! SS: 1/320 AP: 2.8 ISO: 3200SS: 1/320 AP: 2.8 ISO: 3200

4 REPLIES 4

TylerO
Apprentice

I should also state that all of the firmware is up to date and I have tried moving the focus point manually to the subjects face. Thanks!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Does this happen under different and better shooting conditions?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

TylerO,

Is it always the same lens, or have you tried different lenses?

And, are you using single point autofocus, or are you using some kind of tracking?

Steve Thomas

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

What lens are you using if an adapted EF lens. Also what mount adapter are you using. 

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D
click here to view the gallery
Announcements