cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 Mark II Availability and Stop-Motion Option Limitations

aster5
Apprentice

Want to get title camera but it’s out of stock everywhere except on Amazon with stop motion firmware for 100 additional dollars. Does this firmware limit the camera at all? Can’t see myself going out of my way for this firmware but want the camera as soon as possible. Other option is placing a back order on the body at b&h just wondering if any of you have experience with back ordering from them and if their expected restock is accurate? Don’t mind waiting a little especially to save a 100 dollars. Thanks guys.

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite

I would not order any camera equipment from Amazon.  Especially when bundled since they are most likely not sold by authorized Canon resellers.

Stick with B&H or other authorized resellers.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Aster5,

I use the "notify me" option at B&H all the time.  They typically get whatever they say will be available for shipment on X day with great accuracy. I ordered my R5 C this way (last year) and just got notified the skin I ordered for it at the beginning of this month is shipping early.  Don't hesitate.  They don't charge your card until what you bought ships.  Also agree with Ricky... Ordering gear from Amazon is like gambling.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If it is Canon firmware it is free from Canon. If it is third party firmware then stay clear. As advised wait for B&H. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic
click here to view the gallery
Announcements