cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 Unable to get firmware

batmans357
Apprentice

I have apple computer with MacOs Monterey version 12.5.1 and the canon site does not give that version option

5 REPLIES 5

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Looking at the Canon Australia download site, I can see that for Mac v12 there is a link to Firmware 1.6.0 which should be the latest version HERE and should be the same as the US one. Can you please check and see if that works? 

When you access the page, scroll to the bottom and select the Download button. 

This will create a file that you then have to expand within your Operating System, and that will create a PDF file to explain how to proceed and the FIR file that you copy to the SD card of your camera.

NOTES: you should make sure your battery is fully charged and that you have a clean SD card before proceeding.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

batmans357
Apprentice

I am new to this.  I have the Canon EOS R5. went to canon site to download firm ware for the EOS R5 it requested my apple version it wasn't listed under the options

Try this link, it's the Australian site but should still work fine. HERE 

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

unclejace54
Enthusiast

For some reason the USA site doesn't recognize Monterey. I have had a Canon Tech support rep suggest using the Canadian site as an alternative for USA.  https://canoncanada.custhelp.com/app

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

v1.6.0 for MAC, US Site.  Its there.

v1.6.0 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements