cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 Mark II RAW Video Glitches with Vintage/Non-Electronic Lenses

Greg_S
Contributor

Hi everyone, I just got an R5 Mark II and am having issues with RAW video shot with vintage manual lenses. I have several old lenses in my collection that don’t communicate electronically with the camera. I’ve tested them alongside newer lenses, and every other file type works beautifully— no problem with RAW stills and MP4 video. RAW video files work fine with new lenses, but the only RAW playback that works when shot with a non-electronic lens is on the camera itself. Once I transfer the files, they’re loaded with glitches in Cinema RAW Development and they’re actually crashing both DaVinci Resolve and Premiere Pro. There are dropped frames, changes in brightness/color, glitch frames, and occasionally frames that almost look like academy leader. It's pretty messed up. Attaching images.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a camera setting or decoder plug-in I’m missing?

Screenshot 2024-09-04 at 6.46.32 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-09-04 at 6.46.43 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-09-04 at 6.46.57 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Greg_S
Contributor

Great news— Firmware v1.0.1 is now available, and fixes our problem.

I just installed the update, threw on an old lens, and grabbed an 8K clip with audio.
It plays back perfectly in Cinema RAW Development, Resolve, and Premiere.

You can find the update here, in the Software and Drivers section: https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/eos-r5-mark-ii

Happy shooting!

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37

cassheridan
Apprentice

I was shooting today and had the same issues with my cinema glass. Glad I’m not the only one and hopefully it can be fixed in an update soon

I think this thing needs to be addressed ASAP, people are discovering it only after the fact and it’s not good! 

I just can't believe no one from canon (and also no youtuber) want to adress this huge issue.

Greg_S
Contributor

Hi everyone, I finally heard back from support on my end. Same thing—they're working on a firmware resolution, and they have no timeline for when the update will be released. It'll appear on the product page: https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/eos-r5-mark-ii

I'll keep an eye out.

Raffaaaaaaal
Apprentice

Does any one discovered a method to converte the file without recording from the inferno?

thank you

Greg_S
Contributor

Great news— Firmware v1.0.1 is now available, and fixes our problem.

I just installed the update, threw on an old lens, and grabbed an 8K clip with audio.
It plays back perfectly in Cinema RAW Development, Resolve, and Premiere.

You can find the update here, in the Software and Drivers section: https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/eos-r5-mark-ii

Happy shooting!

Raffaaaaaaal
Apprentice

ok what about clip shoot with the Firmware v1.0? i need to edit them.

thank you 

I did receive an additional note from support—they said there's no way to recover the corrupt files shot with v1.0. So it seems like the only way to salvage is to play back from camera to an external recorder, as others have been doing.

Announcements