cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 Mark II: Minor firmware / improvement request for pre-capture

JeffJ
Apprentice

First of all really really enjoying the new R5 Mark II for wildlife / action so far 😃.  Pre-capture and AF updates along with faster sensor are fantastic!  Thank you.

I use back button focus (AF-ON and * set for meter and AF servo while pressing), works great for wildlife.  I have a heavy shutter finger and while holding half way down to enable pre-capture for extended periods of time on my subject I accidentally press all the way down and collect a lot of extra unwanted photos.  What would be fantastic is a firmware update to allow an option in customize buttons for AF-ON and * to allow pre-capture enable while pressing (along with Meter and AF).  That way I use my thumb to press AF-ON (and get Meter + AF servo + pre-capture enable)...then I just hit the shutter button all the way down like normal to get pre-capture images and continued burst images if I hold the shutter button down.  Probably a minor firmware change but it would really help me and save a lot of flash and disk drive space for accidental shots while trying to maintain shutter button at half-press.

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Canon does not listen to these kinds of requests here.

Go to the Canon USA page and find the little tiny feedback link:

Feedback.jpg

Ok thanks.  Just submitted request there.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Isn’t this the default behavior when you set up BBF?  Whether pre-capture is active depends entirely on your AF settings.  Again, what you’re asking is my understanding of the default behavior. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

No! If you set shutter release to Metering Start and AF On to AF Start pre-continuous (pre-capture) stays with the shutter release on the R5 II. 

Announcements