cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 - Err70 + Static screen when shooting videos

khandharm
Apprentice

Hi guys,

I've had the Canon R5since Oct 2021. I've just started getting this problem today while at an event.

Err70 + Static noise screen when shooting videos, the kind you used to get on TV screens back in the day.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

khandharm
Apprentice

I recently posted on this forum on having this (Error 70 + Pink Lines on the screen and view finder on Canon R5) problem. I have since taken the camera to a service centre here in Mumbai, India. 

They've done all the checks and as it turns out its a Motherboard and COMS issue. 

I bought the camera in Oct 2021, and its been just over 3 years and they're asking me to pay at least $770 to get both the Motherboard and CMOS replaced.

I cannot tell you the disappointment I feel right now. Canon R5 is meant to be a professional top end camera and for it to completely breakdown and become a paperweight is throughly appalling. 

I have no idea what I should be doing, if i'm being completely honestly. 

Their solution was, for me to get it repaired for that amount and also buy an additional Service pack, which costs another $150 for a year. Mind you, they don't give any gurantee nor a warranty for getting the camera repaired. It could just break down and they would put their hands up and ask me to pay more for further repairs. 

I dont even use the camera daily. Its only at volunteering events for our community. 

So so so unhappy right now. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings, 

I can remember pretty far back in the day. 😂. I take it you mean like what asphalt looks like...  The older pebbly looking one? 

An error 70 is usually related to the memory card or media storage.  What mode are you shooting in? What brand and model cards are you using? 

Are you formatting the cards in camera before use?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

khandharm
Apprentice

I recently posted on this forum on having this (Error 70 + Pink Lines on the screen and view finder on Canon R5) problem. I have since taken the camera to a service centre here in Mumbai, India. 

They've done all the checks and as it turns out its a Motherboard and COMS issue. 

I bought the camera in Oct 2021, and its been just over 3 years and they're asking me to pay at least $770 to get both the Motherboard and CMOS replaced.

I cannot tell you the disappointment I feel right now. Canon R5 is meant to be a professional top end camera and for it to completely breakdown and become a paperweight is throughly appalling. 

I have no idea what I should be doing, if i'm being completely honestly. 

Their solution was, for me to get it repaired for that amount and also buy an additional Service pack, which costs another $150 for a year. Mind you, they don't give any gurantee nor a warranty for getting the camera repaired. It could just break down and they would put their hands up and ask me to pay more for further repairs. 

I dont even use the camera daily. Its only at volunteering events for our community. 

So so so unhappy right now. 

Announcements