cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R100 Time mismatch between images on camera, MacBook Pro, and iPhone

DanielsanThe3rd
Contributor

i got this new camera for christmas. the time on my camera is set paris so that it is gmt plus 1 so it matches my time, it also has GPS connected to my iphone so in photos it can show me exactly where i took the different photos. But for some reason the photos appear in earlier spots then it should for example i took a photo with my phone at 9:40 and a photo with the camera at 10:44 but it still appears before the one i took on my phone. When i go in to change the time manually it tells me that the original time is 10:44 and the time offset is 10:44 (there is no offset) but it also tells me its set so that the closest city is cairo even though the photo is taken in denmark, and when i change the closet city to be one in denmark the adjusted time goes 1 hour behind (so 9:44) but if i then set it back to 10:44 while the city is in denmark and save it, the photo will then be in the correct place (aka after the photo taken on my phone) and with the correct time. does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it and if it has anything to do with apple or the camera.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

thanks for the help, i went back and looked and found the problem. the problem was that my mum told me to turn daylight savings on even though in reality daylight savings was of

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I suspect this has to do with the camera settings and the cellular carrier that is providing GPS information for the photos.  If you set the camera to one time zone, travel and use GPS there is going to be a discrepancy.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

thanks for the help, i went back and looked and found the problem. the problem was that my mum told me to turn daylight savings on even though in reality daylight savings was of

Announcements