cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R10 camera is taking two pictures

e_kirchman
Contributor

Hi, I've been combing my manuals, etc. and trying to figure out why when I press the shutter half-way in automatic mode and then all the way down it takes seconds to take the picture and then it takes two (with two distinct clicks).  Does anyone know why?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

@e_kirchman wrote:

Hi, I've been combing my manuals, etc. and trying to figure out why when I press the shutter half-way in automatic mode and then all the way down it takes seconds to take the picture and then it takes two (with two distinct clicks).  Does anyone know why?

Thanks!

Sounds like you accidently have the "self timer" enabled and it's set to take 2 shots. It can be set to take 2 to 10 shots. You need to set it to "Single shooting", which is the first selection in the "Drive mode" options.

Start at page 498 of your advanced users manual. It will show you all of your options so you can get to Single shooting mode 🙂

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

What mode are you shooting in ie A+, M, Av, Tv, P, Fv. In the creative zone ie (M, Av, Tv, P, Fv) settings can be changed. In A+ other fully automated modes or the (basic zone) settings can not be changed. Click Here for the Full manual for your camera.

-Demetrius

Happy New Years

EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II USM, EF 28-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM (Retired), EF 50 F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM & EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM

EOS 40D (Retired) & 5D Mark IV

430EX III-RT, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Thanks for your reply!  I'm shooting in A+ mode.  

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

@e_kirchman, welcome to the community and congrats on the R10 acquisition.  📷

The camera will only take pictures when the shutter button is depressed.  a gentle half press will engage the AF, a tiny bit more force will take a photo. 

Please confirm you do not have focus bracketing unintentionally enabled.  See page 287 of your user guide.  Once confirmed, proceed.

If you are slow to release, a second shot might be taken.  Concentrate on your technique.  Just hold the camera and engage the AF, then release, then engage, and repeat.  Then engage the AF and take a photo.  A little practice and I'm sure you'll be fine.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi, I'm not taking multiple pictures anymore, but don't understand the technique of taking one shot quickly.  It takes me seconds for the camera to take a shot.  I thought the camera would take a shot when I pressed the button down all of the way after I engaged it half way and for sure after I hear the beeping.  Would you please explain in detail the shooting process?  Thanks so much!  I feel clumsy...

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

@e_kirchman wrote:

Thanks!

Sounds like you accidently have the "self timer" enabled and it's set to take 2 shots. It can be set to take 2 to 10 shots. You need to set it to "Single shooting", which is the first selection in the "Drive mode" options.

Start at page 498 of your advanced users manual. It will show you all of your options so you can get to Single shooting mode 🙂

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

Thanks, but I don't have that enabled.  I do see a countdown, though the process.  

Countdown implies some sort of custom setting. Try resetting the camera based on instructions in your manual. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

It was set as a timer!  Thank you.  

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What are the file names of the two pictures?  Do they look like this?

IMG_0001.jpg and IMG_0001.cr3?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements