cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R10: Updating the firmware

tazz
Apprentice

I havent updated any firmware since I purchased the R10 in March 2024 so its still using the stock firmware it came preloaded with. If I were to update now, would I only need to update the latest or do I need to update all the past firmwares individually? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome:

Firmware updates are cumulative: i.e. they include all of the previous ones, so you just update the latest.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome:

Firmware updates are cumulative: i.e. they include all of the previous ones, so you just update the latest.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements