cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the EOS R100 Support Godox Flash?

An6dh
Apprentice

EOS R50 not have a hot shoe but the R100 have! So can i use godox flash and Trigger on this model? Does anyone have any idea?

EOS R100 

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

In order to get full functionality and in camera menu support, I'd suggest a Canon flash. 

Will a Godox flash work (as in fire), yes, but you will not have 100% support for it in the cameras menus.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ctitanic
Enthusiast

If you buy a Godox flash for Canon most of the functionalities like TTL will work. If you want full control from your camera menu probably the best way to go is buying a Canon Flash.

Frank
Gear: Canon EOS R6 Mark I, EF100-400 L II, EF70-200 f2.8 II, RF50.
Flickr, Blog: Click Fanatic.

I want flashes like AD200,V1 or any other for indoor shoot

The AD200 is an external flash so all depend on the trigger that you use on your camera. Again, you may not get full control from your camera menu but it will work perfectly from the trigger menu. The Godox V1 can be used connected to your hot shoe of your camera or connecting wireless to a trigger in your camera. The key point if you buy the Godox V1 is to be sure that it says "For Canon".

Frank
Gear: Canon EOS R6 Mark I, EF100-400 L II, EF70-200 f2.8 II, RF50.
Flickr, Blog: Click Fanatic.
Announcements