cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R lens release button

TRobbins
Apprentice

The lens release button on my EOS-R makes a very noticeable "click" while pressing on it to release the lens. It's almost as though it's catching on something. Other times, it glides smoothly down. Not sure what's up.

Is the "click" or catching normal for this camera? It's annoying because sometimes, perhaps often, it's hard to fully depress. I'm still within the return window for the camera and wondering whether I should return it because of this.

It happens slightly w/ my 5d Mark III and not at all with my 1D series camera.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Tim
Authority

TRobbins, 

From what you describe this does sound normal to me.  I understand it has given you some pause, but it does not sound as though anything is misaligned to me at this time.  If you wanted to go ahead and get it checked out, we would be happy to evaluate your equipment at the Factory at your earliest convenience.  

Alternately, you may fill out an online repair request form at the following link to setup your repair using our online service.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for the answer. I guess what I'm wondering is if all of the lens release buttons on EOS-R cameras click like this. Thanks.

TRobbins, 

You're most welcome.  I have seen some cameras where the lens release button makes a click, some don't they're all made within a specific tolerance but it just sounds like yours is slightly tighter.  Never a bad thing when it comes to a positive lock when mounting a lens.  In all likelihood, the click will probably decrease as a normal part of the wear and tear process. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements