cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R + Sigma 14-24mm F/2.8 + Adapter K&F Concept EOS - EOS R

Guillermo
Apprentice

I purchased a Sigma lens and mount it on the EOS R with the K&F Concept adapter, everything fits well, but when I hit the shutter the camera is not shot. The adapter is designed for EF lenses with the EOS R, the display shows F00 when I hit the shutter but never takes the picture. I think the camera is not detecting the lens and is not allow to shot, do you know if there is a setting to ignore this sensor and let it work?

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

My advice.  If you want to use EF compatible glass with your R body, buy the Canon Control Ring or Mount adapter.

Canon U.S.A., Inc. | What's New : Control Ring on Canon RF Lenses

Canon U.S.A., Inc. | Product Compare

Don't bother with 3rd party equipment.  If you read the reviews, you'll see plenty of Sigma lens owners happily using their EF compatible glass with their R body's.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

There should be a setting in the camera called "release shutter without lens", or something.  

But, why would you want to do that?  If your adapter does not connect to the camera electronically, then you cannot auto focus or adjust the aperture.  I say get rid of that adapter, and buy a real Canon adapter.  That adapter is only useful for fully manual lenses.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I think that's the problem, however I don't have the money to purchase a new Canon adapter.

Do you know where I can find the setting to release the shutter without lens? I went through the advanced manual without success.

Thanks,

@Guillermo wrote:

I think that's the problem, however I don't have the money to purchase a new Canon adapter.

Do you know where I can find the setting to release the shutter without lens? I went through the advanced manual without success.

Thanks,

Return the adapter for a refund.  It is not useful to you, at all.  It is not fully compatible with either the camera or the lens.

@Guillermo wrote:

Thanks,

Here is another cheaper adapter you can try out: Viltrox EF-RF adapter 

@shawnphoto wrote:

@Guillermo wrote:

Thanks,

Here is another cheaper adapter you can try out: " LINK DELETED " 

I do not advise using any of the third party EF-RF mount adapters.  Stick to the Canon adapters.

Announcements