cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R Focal Point

pjscott51
Enthusiast

Hi All,

I've had my EOS R for a few weeks. Something that I don't like is the touch focal point.

I don't know how many times I've gone to shoot a picture and find the focal point somewhere other then in the center.

Is there away to turn off this touch screen option?

Thanks,

Paul

18 REPLIES 18

@pjscott51 wrote:

Waddizzle there isn't anything wrong with my camera. I had tried every mode there is to try before making my orginial post. I'm not sure what more information cound I have provided. I posted my question in hopes that someone had found away to disable touch focal point without disabling the entire touch screen. As for the canon manuals that Canon provides. They are decent but they don't have all the answers. If the manuals had have all the answers what would be the need for a forum?

Thanks,

Paul

You have, or had, concluded that you were having an issue with Touch & Drag AF.  If disabling Touch & Drag AF did not correct your problem which it apparently did not, then your problem, whatever it is, is not with the Touch &. Drag AF feature.

There is something else that is causing your issue, and you need one on one assistance.  Contact Canon Support.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I just got off the phone with Canon support. I asked the call taker if there was anyway to turn off the focal point without turning off the touch screen. And she said no.

@pjscott51 wrote:

I just got off the phone with Canon support. I asked the call taker if there was anyway to turn off the focal point without turning off the touch screen. And she said no.

That's too bad, because you already knew that before you picked up the phone.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I appreacate everyone who tried to help me with the focal point issue.

But, I had already explained to you that I had been told on this forum that you couldn't disable the focal point without disabling the touch screen. 

Have a great day,

Paul

Cleaner
Contributor
Me too. Going nuts.

Cleaner I'm right there with you. 

Cleaner
Contributor
I have the same problem too. And a friend of mine also. It’s crazy that focus point is. Ever in the center

Cleaner
Contributor
Meant to say it is never in the center. Never

Cleaner
Contributor
Thanks
Announcements