cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R: Continuous shooting & multiple exposures

hakeae
Contributor

The previous post  was marked "Solved" so i am starting a new one as i still need help please. This is what I wrote on tne last post:

"Ok, silent is on mode 1, no image preview ... what next? And how do multiple exposure settings work with continuous shooting? Multiple exposure wants to combine several into a single image. The "Save source images" is greyed out so I can't say to save all, and anyway it's not the same as continuous shooting. Thanks. Certainly a steep learning curve ."Jr

9 REPLIES 9

hakeae
Contributor

More info - when I turn camera off & on, Multiple Exposures is back to Disabled. Do i need to set it every time I turn camera on, or do i have a settings conflict somewhere? Thanks for the help!

@hakeae wrote:

More info - when I turn camera off & on, Multiple Exposures is back to Disabled. Do i need to set it every time I turn camera on, or do i have a settings conflict somewhere? Thanks for the help!

What end result are you looking for?  I can read what you are attempting to do, but I am asking why?

Do you have a full copy of the Instruction Manual for the camera?  Are familiar with the Interval Timer?  I am sure that the EOR R has this feature.  You can use the Interval Timer to take a preset number of photos back to back to back.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks for your responses. I am doing action, so i want to hold down the shutter button, and keep taking multiple shots until i release the button. Then i review all the images to select the best captures. I could do that on my SX50HS, and i saw a YouTube video of exactly what I want to do  using an R:  https://youtu.be/mV57dIptIJk and other model:  

https://youtu.be/p6EDBN7bcJE .Thanks again. 

@hakeae wrote:

Thanks for your responses. I am doing action, so i want to hold down the shutter button, and keep taking multiple shots until i release the button. Then i review all the images to select the best captures. I could do that on my SX50HS, and i saw a YouTube video of exactly what I want to do  using an R:  https://youtu.be/mV57dIptIJk and other model:  

https://youtu.be/p6EDBN7bcJE .Thanks again. 

You should download a copy of the full instruction manual.  I think you want to use "Contintuous Drive" shooting mode.  The default setting is "Single Shot" drive mode.  Try pressing the [Q] button to call up the Quick Menu.  

Be aware that one of the most common complaints against the EOS R has been its' relatively slow frame rate, fps, for a camera in its' price range.

Hi  yes, i have fhe Advanced Manual and have  read the relevant sections several times, however, there are relevant pieces of info in multiple places and it is a challenge (for me at least) to identify them and put it all together. I have also watched multiple YouTube videos, and bought some guides on kindle. (One of them included a spreadsheet of what camera settings to use in various situations which is inrteresting but did not include the Drive settings.) I have have also attended some workshops at Canon AU but they are not held often.

Anyway I am now up to being able to take continuous shots but am not able to view them - you can see a fan of images in the review screen but they are all black, so obviously I have more settings to identify and adjust. 

I must be really dense, or a more practical addendum to the manual is needed.

Many thanks for helping.

I suggest that you use P shooting mode, and One Shot drive mode, until you become more familiar with photography.

15AD2D80-AFC9-4667-809E-3BB241116E66.jpeg

Change the "Tv" to "P". 

Well, that was pretty insulting, assuming that the blank images were the result of an incompetent operator 

who couldn't even get a reasonable exposure. FYI, I  solved the issue myself by changing the drive mode to servo, and changing AF to AF Servo. 

I agree, pretty insulting.  I hate it when someone says read the manual instead of just being polite and helpful.  Reminds me of Sheldon.

Hi hakeae,

Yes, if you can give us a quick recap of what exactly you are trying to do and with what result, I think I can help you a little better. Ideally if you can give as much information as you feel comfortable sharing like subject matter, lens and expected exposure information, we can look into what might be preventing the save settings and find you a good recommended course of action.

Announcements