cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS M50 "No Card in Camera" Message when connecting to phone

LesIsmore
Apprentice

I've been using my M50 with my Pixel 6 phone without any problems, but today I connected the camera to my laptop to backup the photos so I could format the card.  I ended up not formatting the card, but now, when I connect wirelessly to my phone, I get the message "no card in camera".  However, there definitely is a card in the camera, and the camera is working just fine.  I have tried using multiple different cards with the same result.  It seems as though connecting the camera to the laptop has messed up the camera.  Also, when I connected the camera to the laptop again, the laptop indicates that the card is empty, but it is not.  I have tried this on multiple laptops with the same result.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

LesIsmore
Apprentice

Update:  I couldn't find any solutions to my problem, so I tried reinstalling the firmware.  The camera already had the most recent version (1.1.0).  I was a little nervous about doing this, since I had read that this could actually cause problems, but it worked.  Problem solved!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

LesIsmore
Apprentice

Update:  I couldn't find any solutions to my problem, so I tried reinstalling the firmware.  The camera already had the most recent version (1.1.0).  I was a little nervous about doing this, since I had read that this could actually cause problems, but it worked.  Problem solved!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements