Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS M50 Mark II body with Sigma Lens

MarRizMalta
Apprentice

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum.

I own the Canon M50 Mark II camera and just bought the EF-EOS M mount adapter with the intention to buy an EF Lens to capture some good shots of the coming international airshow in Malta.

The Sigma 60-600mm f/4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports Lens for Canon EF caught my attention and would like somebody to confirm please that the combination of eqpt will not have any compatibility issues especially auto-focusing.

Besides that I am also thinking of buying the Sigma x1.4 converter as well or will this cause issues please.

Thanks for your help and assistance.

Martin (Malta)

12 REPLIES 12

March411
Rising Star

While I appreciate the reply I would disagree. I responded to her question precisely and directly.

"The Sigma 60-600mm f/4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports Lens for Canon EF caught my attention and would like somebody to confirm please that the combination of eqpt will not have any compatibility issues especially auto-focusing."

I have used the lens on a very board group of subjects to include wildlife, sports, landscape and macro photography. The lens is very versatile and to answer her question works flawlessly on the M50. 

While the lens is a bit heavy it is lighter than most prime lenses in this category and produces tack shape images throughout it's range.

Sorry if our opinions differ but using both pieces of equipment personally, and the OP started the thread with a compatibility inquiry, in my experience the combination has worked very well for me in multiple applications.

Be a different person on the web, be kind, respectful and most of all be helpful!
Accuracy of statement is one of the first elements of truth; inaccuracy is a near kin to falsehood. - Tryon Edwards

90D ~ 5D Mk IV ~ R5 ~ R6 Mk II ~ R50
Adobe and Topaz Suite for post processing
My Personal Web Gallery

Apologies - There is a new, thread on the M50MkII and I confused the two, especially as this one is quite an old thread.  Absolutely, your comment is apropos and  I shall remove my offending post!

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

March411
Rising Star

No problem Tronhard, completely understand.

I posted the information/response so that if someone had the same question they will know that the Sigma 60-600mm as well as the 100-400mm will preform well on the M50.

Have a safe and happy New Year.

Be a different person on the web, be kind, respectful and most of all be helpful!
Accuracy of statement is one of the first elements of truth; inaccuracy is a near kin to falsehood. - Tryon Edwards

90D ~ 5D Mk IV ~ R5 ~ R6 Mk II ~ R50
Adobe and Topaz Suite for post processing
My Personal Web Gallery
Announcements