cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS M5 wifi connection to PC

SMDZoltan
Apprentice

Hi,

I did not find the right answer for my question, someone may have it.

I have a Canon EOS M5 and want to sync my raw files via WiFi.

I was able to set-up google drive as a target (using the home internet via WiFi) but it says it cannot sync raw files in this way.

Than I tried to connect the camera to my PC using Canon EOS utility 3 but I stucked. In the camera menu there is no option for PC just for phone, printer, Irista etc.

Any idea how to solve the core problem and transfer my raw file to anywhere without a cable?

Thanks in advance!!

4 REPLIES 4

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

@SMDZoltan wrote:

Hi,

I was able to set-up google drive as a target (using the home internet via WiFi) but it says it cannot sync raw files in this way.

Than I tried to connect the camera to my PC using Canon EOS utility 3 but I stucked. In the camera menu there is no option for PC just for phone, printer, Irista etc.

Any idea how to solve the core problem and transfer my raw file to anywhere without a cable?

Thanks in advance!!

Why specifically do you have to transfer the files by WiFi?  Have you considered removing the card and plugging it directly into your computer?  I find that just as convenient and I don't wind down the battery doing the transfer.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Hi, thanks for the answer. The simple answer is I am lazy. 🙂 The reality is that, I am using a grip/cloutch (Peak D) cause I hate the neck straps. In this case to remove the SD card is problematic. Well, it can be done but have to dismount the cloutc too.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@SMDZoltan wrote:

Hi,

Thanks in advance!!

In this price range, having Wi-Fi does not mean networkable.  Wireless file transfers are limited to JPEGs using the methods and modes described in the Instruction Manual.  Be aware that wireless file transfers are slow.

As pointed out above, it is better to use the USB port or a card reader to transfer RAW files, due to their size.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hi, thanks for the answer. I assumed that the WiFi sign is grant any kind of file transfer (as the WiFi is capable). How stupid I was :). Anyway, I found the solution: I used the wrong Canon SW. The Canon EOS utility was not able to handle this, but in the Canon Image Gateway I found a more simple SW the Canon Image Transfer. This works well now and can transfer RAW file with only two button press on the camera. Than all the raw files are visible on all platfroms I am using.

Announcements